[Bioperl-l] Gene/protein ID synonyms

Stefan A Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Wed Sep 8 19:01:20 EDT 2004

Gabriel,
I believe there are several things to consider. Are you talking just about
yeast? If not I think EnsMART is the best place to start (go to
www.ensembl.org, and go to the documentation link). I think this
is the most comprehensive and at the same time easy way to accomplish
what you need to do. You may also look at BioSQL. There is something
we developed: genereg.ornl.gov/gkdb, but it is restricted to the
organisms in LocusLink (to become Entrez Gene). As you say it is hard to
syncrhonize with the source but there is really no other way I believe.
Stefan