[Bioperl-l] load_ontology.pl crashes

Mikko Arvas Mikko.Arvas at vtt.fi
Fri Oct 29 05:44:17 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am running Suse8.1, bioperl 1.4 w/ ontology modules updated from cvs,
couple weeks old bioperl-db from cvs and mysql 3.23.52
on a desktop (2.4Ghz, 756Mb). I got NCBI taxon database and a few genomes
inside biosql.

Otherwise things work fine, but when I am trying to load interpro the
system crashes. for example:
 >nice -n 19 load_ontology --format interpro interpro.xml
10900
and crashes.

How to proceed now, I am doing something stupid or is this just a too big
job for my machine or is there a way to spilt the file somehow and feed it
in pieces or can I somehow filter the interpro.xml file I actually need
only fungi related data out of there?

Cheers,
mikko
Mikko Arvas