[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.4 - Can't locate object method "start" via package "Bio::Seq::RichSeq"

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 09:11:18 EDT 2004

Hi

I know this seems to have been dealt with in previous releases and
posts, but I honestly couldn't see how the fixes previously proposed (in
March 2003) fit in with this problem (if I appear stupid, blame my
parents).

The example script render_sequence.pl in examples/biographics/ produces
this error:

./render_sequence.pl CEF58D5
fetching...
rendering...
Can't locate object method "start" via package Bio::Seq::RichSeq at
./render_sequence.pl line 55

In another script, one which I wrote myself based on the above script, I
get:

Can't locate object method "start" via package Bio::Seq::RichSeq at
bioperl-1.4/Bio/Graphics/Feature.pm line 269

Which makes me worry that maybe my entire bioperl dist is littered with
calls to this "start" method which no longer exists....

Ideas on how to fix/patch this welcome.  I'm running bioperl-1.4, SuSe
Linux.

Thanks
Mick