[Bioperl-l] Re: [SO-devel] GFF3 - Bioperl - SO

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Oct 18 15:52:16 EDT 2004

On Oct 18, 2004, at 1:03 AM, Allen Day wrote:

> I haven't looked at the AnnotationAdaptor you mention
> below, but it sounds like a reasonable approach.

I wrote that module to integrate the tag system of SeqFeatureI's with
the annotation bundle, which SeqFeatureI's also happen to have.
SeqFeature::AnnotationAdaptor allows one to look at a feature's tags
and annotation collection together as if there were no tag system but
only an annotation bundle instead. It works bi-directional, i.e., if
you modify an annotation object that in reality is a tag it will modify
the tag.

The motivation (use case) was that for bioperl-db I had already written
modules for serializing and de-serializing an annotation bundle (along
with seq objects), and didn't want to write ugly special case code for
a feature's tag system.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org