[Bioperl-l] Bioperl core 1.4 make error: line too long

Derek Gatherer d.gatherer at vir.gla.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 03:39:52 EDT 2004

Hi

Just upgrading from 1.2.2 to 1.4.

unpacked the core distrib, then:

# perl -w Makefile.PL

....... [usual list of CPAN modules I don't have]

   Enjoy the rest of bioperl, which you can use after going 'make install'

Writing Makefile for Bio
# make
Make: line too long.  Stop.

Never seen this before.  I'm running Tru64 5.1B.  I suspected it might be
something to do with the Makefile including a line that is longer than the
permitted max line length under Tru64.  The line beginning  EXE_FILES =>
[q[./scripts_temp/b ... seemed an obvious candidate, but choosing n at the:

*** Script Install Section ****

Bioperl comes with a number of useful scripts which you may wish to install.
Install [a]ll Bioperl scripts, [n]one, or choose groups [i]nteractively? [a]

removed that line in the Makefile but not the problem.

Any ideas?  I can't even make clean, as it gives the same error.

Thanks

Derek