[Bioperl-l] argument checking

Nathan (Nat) Goodman natg at shore.net
Fri Oct 1 10:34:58 EDT 2004

> I was wondering what developers thought about a generic argument
> checking method, say in Bio::Root::Root.

There's a lot of CPAN code that plays in this space.  Class::MakeMethods,
Class::Meta::Type, Getargs::Long, Params::Check are a few of many.  I saw a
nice module that lets you specify types and default values in a very
readbale syntax, but for the life of me can't find it again!  Sigh...  We're
heading in this direction with our Class::AutoClass, also (no doubt based on
one of these others).

If anyone wants to collaborate on this, we'd be delighted.

Best,
Nat