[Bioperl-l] Display graphs

Hoebeke Mark Mark.Hoebeke at jouy.inra.fr
Sun Jun 13 13:08:49 EDT 2004

Hello,

there is an excellent graph drawing package, called GraphViz, available
at :
	http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/

It takes a textual graph description as input and is capable of
generating graphs, both directed and undirected, in various output
formats.

A Perl module has been developed supplying graph objects usable by
graphviz (bypassing the text file stage) :
	http://search.cpan.org/~lbrocard/GraphViz-1.8/lib/GraphViz.pm

We've been using GraphViz (the ATT toolkit, not the Perl module, but
that could change) for some time to generate IMAP images on our web site
and have been quite pleased with the results. A sample can be found at :
	http://genome.jouy.inra.fr/cgi-bin/spid/drawgraph.cgi?proteins=DnaC

Regards,

Mark