[Bioperl-l] phylip - ProtDist Problem

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Tue Aug 31 07:47:43 EDT 2004

Hmm - there are some changes in PHYLIP 3.6 from 3.5 menus, did you make
sure your PHYLIP version environment was set by setting the ENV
variable otherwise the wrong commands are sent in.

PHYLIPVERSION=3.6

Also you are using 3.6.1 which I know has some bug fixes over 3.6 but
may also have incurred some changes in how the menus act - I don't
really know though.

I guess either use 3.5 or try debugging the running of 3.6.1 by putting
some print statements in there - see what is being sent in to protdist
and then run protdist by hand to see what are the expected menu items
to get what you want.  That is how Shawn and I built this in the first
place.

-jason