[Bioperl-l] Bio::OntologyIO problems

James Mitchell jpmitchell00 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:22:43 EDT 2004

I have been having problems with the latest files that I've downloaded from
geneontology.org.  I use bioperl to parse these files and when I use the new
files, I get an error from bio-perl now.  Using GO files dated July 15, the
parsing works.

Any help or suggestions?

This is the call I use in bioperl-1.4.

my $deffile = "GO.defs";
my $comfile = "component.ontology";
my $funfile = "function.ontology";
my $profile = "process.ontology";

my $ont_stream = Bio::OntologyIO->new(-format => 'go',
                                         -files =>  [$comfile,
										$funfile,
										$profile],
                                         -defs_file => $deffile);

$engine = $ont_stream->next_ontology();

This is the error I receive with the new GO files: