[Bioperl-l] gene ontology

Barry Moore barry.moore at genetics.utah.edu
Tue Aug 24 18:02:38 EDT 2004

Josh,

Have you installed and are you familiar with Perl and Bioperl?  That
script loads a relational database that is using the biosql schema, so
you would need to have a relational database management system (RDBMS)
installed, and have created a database with the biosql schema.  The most
common RDBMS in use by Bioperl users is probably MySQL, but other RDBMSs
are supported as well.  Those are the minimum requirements needed to run
the script.  You can find that script at
http://cvs.bioperl.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/bioperl-db/scripts/biosql/load_ontology.pl.
I found that with Google "load_ontology.pl site:bioperl.org".

Barry