[Bioperl-l] Displaying an alignment using Bio::Graphics

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Mon Aug 23 12:31:28 EDT 2004

There's a colorized multiple alignment display in the GBrowse package
(http://www.mod.org).  It's in the module
Bio::Graphics::Browser::PadAlignment.

There's also a very handy module called Bio::Graphics::Browser::Markup
that can be used to add HTML text style strings (colors, boldface,
italics and various combinations) to arbitrary DNA and protein
sequences.  It takes care of all the line-wrapping and collisions
among the tags.  You just need to provide the base pair range and a
symbolic style name.

Lincoln

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 07:52 am, Iain Wallace wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if any one knows how to display a multiple sequence
> alignment using the Bio::Graphics modules.
> Ideally I would like to colour in certain columns depending on a
> mask that I have created ?
> (FYI The particular project is to colour in the columns of a test
> alignment which have corresponing columns in a reference
> alignment).
>
> thanks
>
> Iain Wallace

Lincoln D. Stein