[Bioperl-l] An update for my DNA Smith-Waterman code

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Tue Jan 28 18:29:52 EST 2003

I'm sorry, that was what I said but not very clearly: -3 halves the
"database search time", which of course only calculates scores, not
alignments.

The 48 to 42 second improvement you see when showing one alignment is only
due to the search phase going from 12 to 6 seconds.  There's no way to get
ssearch to only do an alignment without a search.

-Aaron

--
 Aaron J Mackey
 Pearson Laboratory