[Bioperl-l] Problems with DB::GenBANK and species()->common_name()

Stephen Montgomery smontgom@bcgsc.bc.ca
Tue Jan 14 01:31:03 EST 2003

Hi-
I'm using Bio::DB::GenBank to get_Seq_by_id() where id is the accession
id.  I then want to report species info and seq info to STDOUT.
 However, I get an intermittent error...
my program will report a

Can't call method "species" on an undefined value at ...

I checked that the accession entries I'm using always have a species in
GenBank.  The troubling thing is sometimes the script runs 10 accession
numbers sometimes 1.  So it is moreorless randomly reporting this error.
 (These are always the same accession numbers in my test)

Thanks for any help.
Cheers,
Stephen

--