[Bioperl-l] bioperl-1.2 : man pages?

Fernan Aguero fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:55:08 -0300

+----[ Ewan Birney <birney@ebi.ac.uk> (09.Jan.2003 05:29):

| On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Fernan Aguero wrote:
|
| > Hi!
| >
| > I'm trying to update the FreeBSD bioperl port and found that
| > bioperl-1.2 appears to lack man pages.
| >

| In 1.2 we had to drop the manifyfication stage of the makefile because it
| was triggering a line-too-long error on some OSs due to shell constraints.
|

| Remove the manify_pods line in the Makefile.PL and they should come back
| (assumming freeBSD doesn't have this problem...)

There is no manify_pods in Makefile.PL that I can see.
Searching for 'manify' only shows occurrences in this sub:

sub MY::manifypods {
	my $self = shift;
	#print STDERR "In manifypods moment\n";
	if( 1 ) {
		return "\nmanifypods : pure_all\n\t$self->{NOECHO}\$(NOOP)\n"
	}
	else {
		return $self->SUPER::manifypods(@_);
	}
}

I can't see how this is preventing the manification step. Of
course I don't know what those $self-> incantations do ...
please enlighten me.

Fernan

+----]

--