[Bioperl-l] use modules in a PC (fwd)

Paul Boutros pcboutro@engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:02:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Two suggestions:
1) Read install.win for tips on how to set up BioPerl properly
2) If you haven't yet, download the ActiveState version of PERL from
http://www.activestate.com
and use their package manager (type ppm at a DOS prompt) to install
modules rather than downloading from CPAN.  It's easier most of the time.

HTH,
Paul

You Wrote:
As a new user of both perl and bioperl on a PC, not UNIX, something basic
can be hard to figure out. Need help here, and please don't laugth.

I tried both an example from a book "Beginning Perl for Bioinformatics"
and the Bio::SeqIO. After hours of debugging, the problem seems to be the
code, use lib 'PATH to the fold', for locating file folders where the .pm
files can be found. My best version without warning of "unable to find the
module" was: set lib 'c:\dir\dir|'; Can someone experienced with BioPerl
on a PC help? Thanks.