[Bioperl-l] use modules in a PC

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:57:39 -0800

If you didn't run make install yet then the distribution hasn't been
placed under perl's standard search path yet (since bioperl is pure
perl, make/make install doesn't do much more than that, and perl
Makefile.PL only generates the Makefile). You can still use it by
adding the path to your array of library directories. E.g., try

	c:/> perl -e "use lib 'c:/where/I/unpacked/bioperl/'; use Bio::Seq;'

There is an INSTALL document in the distribution tailored to Windows.
You may want to read it.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org