[Bioperl-l] SeqIO tests fail

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Dec 17 03:14:31 EST 2003

I get 4 failures for SeqIO.t that seem to be related to a newline
problem:

not ok 159
# Test 159 got: '(CALM1 OR CAM1 OR CALM OR CAM) AND (CALM2 OR CAM2 OR
CAMB) AND (CALM3 OR CAM3 OR CAMC)' (t/SeqIO.t at line 408)
#     Expected: '(CALM1 OR CAM1 OR CALM OR CAM) AND (CALM2 OR CAM2 OR
CAMB) AND (CALM3 OR
CAM3 OR CAMC)'

Not sure the email client won't introduce more random line breaks, but
essentially the deal is that the two values are identical except for an
additional linebreak in the expected value. I have 3 more such failures.

This is on Mac OSX. Before I investigate, does anybody have an upfront
idea what's been changed here that could cause this? Jason, may those
recent \r\n-related regexp changes be involved here?

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org