[Bioperl-l] some tests fail on Mac OS X

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Mon Dec 15 20:15:35 EST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Koen van der Drift wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I checked out bioperl-live this afternoon (EST), so I would get the
> latest and greatest. However, I still get some tests that fail. Note
> that I did the tests while offline (I only have a modem at home).
> Here's some output:
>

> Failed Test    Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> -------
> t/Coalescent.t               11    1   9.09%  9
 fixed - changed the test to be more lenient
> t/ESEfinder.t                12    4  33.33%  4-5 8 11
 i dunno - works fine for me right now - this depending on your network
  connection working
> t/RefSeq.t                   13    5  38.46%  4-7 9
  this also depends on network connection and the remote servers being up,
  worked for me
> t/Scansite.t    255 65280    12    0   0.00%  ??

  this one seems to hang for me - but gets to test 6 for me. also need
network connection

> t/game.t        255 65280    23   44 191.30%  2-23
  removed this now that sheldon has updated to apollo game
  and fixed the module - the old tests will not work.

For the devs:

We may need to think about how to set a flag for tests which should not
run when no network connecion is found (or perhaps not be run as part of
the default tests no matter what unless someone asks for them specifically
- this might save a lot of future pain).

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University
jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu