[Bioperl-l] problem using load_seqdatabase.pl with biosql

John Yao lookafar at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:22:15 EST 2003

I created the biosql schema in a mySQL server and tried to load a swissprot
database. I was able to populate the database with taxonomy data with
load_ncbi_taxnomy.pl

However, When I tried to load a swissprot database I got the follwoing
errors:

/load_seqdatabase.pl --sqldb swiss  --format swiss swissprot/sprot42.dat

Reading swissprot/sprot42.dat
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'display_id' in 'field list'
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Bio/DB/SQL/SeqAdaptor.pm line 427, <GEN0>
line 53.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'display_id' in 'field list'
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Bio/DB/SQL/SeqAdaptor.pm line 427, <GEN0>
line 53.

It complained about not being able to find display_id.

When I looked at the schema diagram (in pdf) and also checked the database
tables, indeed, there is no column of display_id. Display_id was described
in the schema-overview.txt but was missing is the actual schema.

help!

John Yao