[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::GFF dna method not working for wormbase115.

Philip MacMenamin pm66 at nyu.edu
Wed Dec 10 13:24:09 EST 2003

Hi,
I have just loaded wormbase fatsa files to a GFF SQL database using Lincolns
load_gff script, and everything was fine.

However when I try to get the dna back out, using the same script that worked
(works) for wormbase110 does not work now, ie:

use Bio::DB::GFF;
doConection stuff blah blah blah;
my $segment1 = $db->segment('I',0, 2000);
my $dna = $segment1->dna;
print $dna if $debug;

I can step through the perl debugger and find out how the story is differant
between version 110 and 115, but at first look the databases seem similar.

I looked through the mail archives to see if others have had this problem,
but drew a blank, so I want to make sure that this is known.

All the best,
Philip.
--
Philip MacMenamin
Center for Comparative Functional Genomics