[Bioperl-l] Bio::SearchIO broken in bioperl-live by missing Iteration/GenericIteration module

Matthew Vaughn vaughn at cshl.org
Fri Apr 25 17:48:35 EDT 2003

I just updated to the latest bioperl-live yesterday to address another
issue I had been having. Today, I tried to run a simple BLAST parser
script I'd written that was compatible with earlier versions of
BioPerl. Unfortunately, it's dying upon trying to call next_result. I
tried updating to today's bioperl-live on the chance that this was just
a gremlin, but no joy. Interestingly, on both my machines running the
latest bioperl, there's no such animal as
Bio::Search::Iteration::GenericIteration, which is probably the core
problem. Iteration/GenericIteration is in the CVS tree, but is not
coming through in the cvs update.

On the off chance there's more to this than a missing module, here's
the error message and a code snippet:

gruyere{vaughn}8% perl sirna6.pl smallRNAs-112502.blast.txt

MSG: Cannot find module Bio::Search::Iteration::GenericIteration,
unable to set type