[Bioperl-l] Re: "Too many files open" with bl2seq

Jamie Hatfield (AGCoL) jamie at genome.arizona.edu
Tue Apr 22 17:32:05 EDT 2003

I was having problems with the "too many files open" error using the
bl2seq module also.  I think I found a suitable patch.  If you take the
$report object returned from the $factory->bl2seq command and call
$report->close() once you're done with it, you shouldn't get that error
anymore.  By the way, oddly enough, this is only necessary when
$report->sbjctName is defined.  I assume this is because this is the
only time that something was actually returned.

Of course, maybe I just don't have the latest files.  Either way, this
should fix the problem for anyone who still has it... Maybe?

Jamie Hatfield                              Room 541H, Marley Building
Systems Programmer                          University of Arizona
Arizona Genomics Computational              Tucson, AZ  85721
  Laboratory (AGCoL)                        (520) 626-9598