[Bioperl-l] Using BioPerl for ACeDB Blixem?

cyril at pacific.net.sg cyril at pacific.net.sg
Tue Apr 22 17:56:26 EDT 2003

Hi guys,

I am new to the BioPerl scene. Have done a bit of Perl but need to brush that up, especially the CGI bit.

Currently I am involved in a project to automate (specific) results from ACeDB, specifically Blixem and BLAST outputs of GeneFinder results. I have been told that using AcePerl only accesses the server and Blixem cannot be accessed from the server. Is there anyway I can use BioPerl to access Blixem outputs etc in AceDB? Inputs I require: Blast homology of specific genes (detected already), Correlation of intron-exon region with GeneFinder results (from Blixem) and sequence features such as frameshifts and stop codons.

Otherwise I will have to resort to another labour intensive method.

Regards,

Cyril Chua