[Bioperl-l] developer release, HOWTOs

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:24:21 -0400 (EDT)

All tests pass for me on RH 7.2 x86 - I would like to do a developer
release before BOSC.  This is just a tarball of the cvs checkout from the
latest CVS code.  This is not intended to be a stable release, but rather
an easy way for people not comfortable with CVS to get a copy of the code.
And we try and make sure all the tests pass.

I'd like to do the bioperl-run, bioperl-live, and bioperl-pipeline code
all at the same time.  I think bioperl-run has taken on a life of its own
and is better distributed as a separate pkg rather than joined with
bioperl-live directly IMHO.  Let us know if you have an opinion on that.

I also have started a howto section in the bioperl dist (doc/howto), the
first of these is on the SearchIO system - you can now see HOWTOs linked
off the website on the left column or you can go to

http://bioperl.org/HOWTOs/

If you are itching to write a warstory using Bioperl, or want to profile a
certain section of Bioperl that you use (or want to write one and in the
process learn about bioperl) this is the place to put those documents.
I've chosen DocBook as the src format as this is the same way the Linux
Documentation Project does it.  You can use my SearchIO.sgml as a starting
point.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich