[Bioperl-l] need help making biographics tests

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 09:49:39 -0400

Hi All,

There is an annoying problem with the bio::graphics module.  Depending
on the combination of various versions of libgd, libfreetype and
libpng that happen to be installed on the target system, bio::graphics
will generate visually identically but binary different picture files.
As a result, the first three regression tests fail when run on a
different machine from which they were generated.

To fix this, I need to collect images generated on various
architectures.  Could you help me out by doing the following?

  1) cd to the "live" bioperl
  2) run the command perl t/BioGraphics.t --write
  3) find the generated files t/data/biographics/t1.png, t2.png and
     t3.png and send them to me as attachments?

I will construct the set of unique variants and rewrite the regression
tests to return true if any of them match.

Thanks much!

Lincoln

lstein@cshl.org			                  Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Positions available at my lab: see http://stein.cshl.org/#hire