[Bioperl-l] Re: ANNOUNCE: YAPC::Europe::2002 (Munich) - LAST Call for Papers

Bernhard Schmalhofer Bernhard.Schmalhofer@biomax.de
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:49:42 +0200

Hi,

is there anybody out there attending the YAPC::Europe? Now is your last
chance to
sign up for a talk about BioPerl or life in general.

It would be very nice to have an overview over BioPerl at the
conference.
If there are some users of BioPerl attending, we could also think about
a BoF-session.

CU, Bernhard

> ANNOUNCE: YAPC::Europe::2002 (Munich) - Last call for Papers
>
>         http://www.yapc.org/Europe/
>
> Call For Papers YAPC::Europe::2002 - September 18-20
>
> Proposals may be submitted between January 1st. 2002 and July 30th 2002.
>
> Share your 'pe[a]rls of wisdom' with the perl community: attendees from
> all around the world, gurus and geeks alike, will converge on Munich to
> listen to the talks and tutorials presented at this gathering of minds.
>
> This year's theme is 'The Science of Perl', which means that we would
> really like to hear about suggestions for talks, projects, experiences
> which involve both perl and science.  This should not be regarded as a
> restriction, more as a 'nice to have' :-)
>
> We have available a mixture of short and long tutorials and talks
> time-slots, loosely including the following:
>
>         Presentation:           30 mins to 1.5 hours
>
>         Lightning talk:         7 min (5 was too short ;-)
>
>         Tutorial:               2-3 hours
>
>         BOF session:            1-2 hours (usually evenings)
>
> Abstracts, outlining the main thrust of the proposal and including an
> expected duration, should inititially be sent to the Program Committee
> in the form of a short ascii email to the following address:
>
>         To: proposals@yapceurope.org
>
> Final submissions should be in the form of, (in order of preference),
> POD or Ascii or HTML.  Associated graphics should be submitted in a form
> to be agreed upon between the commitee and the presenter.
>
> The committee reserves the right to publish any and all presentations,
> only for the purpose of this conference.
>
> Finally: conference fees will of course be waived for speakers,
> (lightening talks excepted), though as this is a 'not-for-profit'
> venture,
> please feel free to donate your unpaid fee to the YAPC organisation
> itself, to assist in this and future perl conferences :-)
>
> Look forward to seeing you there.
>
> --
> Ciao
> Richard Foley