[Bioperl-l] Bioperl repository still giving version 1.00 Activestate PPM File.

Richard F. Meraz rfmeraz@lbl.gov
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:50:45 -0700

Hello,

I did the search but it only shows the 1.00 release in the repository.
Perhaps I am missing something (or being dumb).  The trascript is below.

C:\Documents and Settings\rfmeraz>ppm
PPM interactive shell (2.1.6) - type 'help' for available commands.
PPM> set repository Bioperl http://bioperl.org/DIST/
PPM> search bioperl
Packages available from http://bioperl.org/DIST/:
bioperl [1.00] Bioinformatics toolkit

I tried an install bioperl-1.0.1 just to be sure.  But as you can see from
the transcript below, its not there.

PPM> install bioperl-1.0.1
Install package 'bioperl-1.0.1?' (y/N): y
Installing package 'bioperl-1.0.1'...
Error installing package 'bioperl-1.0.1': Could not locate a PPD file for
packag
e bioperl-1.0.1

For the meantime I did a manual installation of the default .tar.gz file
using nmake (I'm using Win32 Activestate perl on WinxP), but that doesn't
quite install correctly (no html docs etc.).

Thanks for your help.

Rich Meraz.