[Bioperl-l] Multiple sequence alignment consensus generation

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:07:12 +0100

BioPerlers,

David and I have been working together to get a IUPAC consensus atring out
of SimpleAlign. I think everything one might expect of this method is now in
place in bioperl-live.

Try consensus_iupac() on RNA or DNA alignments. Moltype, gaps and even
ambuigity codes within alignment have been taken into account.

Note on performance: the implemented if/else structure and rexeps on a
string is >50 faster than using a hash or an array to store regexps.

	-Heikki