[Bioperl-l] Talking at BOSC???

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 23 May 2001 18:39:10 +0100 (BST)

For people who haven't seen the flyers, the due date for BOSC for
registration is the end of this month - as is ISMB's registration.
BOSC is running just before ISMB.

I'd love to see a strong bioperl presence giving talks at BOSC - we are
after all the oldest of the open source bioinformatics projects (well...
depends if you count EGCG... hey ho). If you are coming to BOSC and one
of the bioperl developers, please consider submitting an abstract.

I will be submitting an abstract on Bioperl-db: Rough Draft below

Bioperl-db
----------

Ewan Birney

Bioperl-db is a first attempt at making a clean, simple, relational
database representation of sequence orientated bioinformatics objects. It
uses the Bioperl (and therefore the associated biocorba and bio* projects
in general) object model as a source for its design. It provides storage
for a number of associated pieces of information

   - Different "databases" (data collections) of sequences
   - Raw sequence information
   - Sequence feature information
   - annotation of sequences including