[Bioperl-l] SeqIO::Genbank.pm patches

Malcolm Cook Malcolm.Cook@ppgx.com
Tue, 8 May 2001 10:08:09 -0700

I've made the following changes to my local copy of the release branch of
genbank.pm

1) include an 'others' section in the BASE COUNT line;  (code line 493)
    my $base_count = sprintf("BASE COUNT %8s a %6s c %6s g %6s t %6s
others\n",$alen,$clen,$glen,$tlen,$olen);

2) space pad the ORIGIN keyword (code line 495).  Doing this made the format
acceptable to BioTools' GeneTool program
    $self->_print("ORIGIN      \n");

Please excuse the informality of my means of submission of these simple
suggested patches to SeqIO::genbank.pm:

I hope to soon join the cvs fray; my corporate firewall combined with my
inexperience has made this temporarily difficult.

Cheers,

Malcolm