[Bioperl-l] throwing in the towel

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:11:47 -0800

On 3/1/01 6:16 AM, "Jason Stajich" <jason@chg.mc.duke.edu> wrote:

>> For the record peter schattner was able to make his problems go
>> away with HTML::Parser version 3.18  so perhaps a required version would
>> be the way to go, otherwise a kick-out much like Variation_IO?
>

>FWIW, I tracked the problem with GDB.t down to HTML::Parser as well. And
>since I can only get to v3.08 on Mac, I gave up...

Todd - Don't give up!  I am pretty sure you are using HTML::Parser version
2.XX.  The relevant change (as best I can tell from the Changelog) occurred
at version 3.00.  So my prediction is that if you upgrade to HTML::Parser
version 3.08 t/GDB.t will work just fine.

And yes I do think including a required version of HTML::Parser in GDB.pm is
the way to go.

Peter