[Bioperl-l] Re: Can't call method "seek" without a package orobject reference

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:54:42 -0800

Ewan Birney wrote:

> > As I don't see what could be done in the code except for
> > completely discarding the use of IO::File (Ewan, was there a
> > particular reason to use that in LargePrimarySeq instead of a
> > plain GLOB?), this seems to be unfixable. Any suggestions or
> > clues?
>
> IO::File just seemed like the "better way" to do it. We could just make it
> a GLOB.

Okay. Changed to use a GLOB, removed any notion of IO::File from
that module. If it still doesn't work on Mac, this is unfixable
for the time being.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                              email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757