[Bioperl-l] GFF method in Bio::SeqFeatureI

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:52:32 +0000

> I doubt, however, that this was the problem you were describing in your
> message since it is a rare event...  Unfortunately, I was not able to see any
> other errors in the reading/writing of GFF2.  Can you send me an explicit
> example of what is going wrong when you use it so that I can see the bug for
> myself?
>
> cheers!

I was using the original t/GFF.t which printed GFF/GFF2 to stdout and
read it from stdin. To make this work, I was pasting the output back to
the terminal. Horible hack, I know. The GFF parser accepted the GFF
output, but the GFF2 parser said that it wasn't a GFF2 string.

Hope that helps.

Matthew