[Bioperl-l] 0.7 release: tasks & assignments

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:35:46 -0800

As a reminder, the tentative task list for the 0.7 release will be
closed tonight PST, which is early morning tomorrow in Europe.

I will add one more, fairly small task, namely setting up a template for
good-style module creation, which shall also depict the 'right' way of
object initialization. Right now I'm having problems editing the Wiki
page.

	Hilmar

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Bioperl-l] 0.7 release: tasks & assignments
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:46:43 -0800
From: Hilmar Lapp <hlapp@gmx.net>
To: Bioperl <bioperl-l@bioperl.org>

After some days of silence, after curing the head-aches the upgrade of
my system caused me, I suggest that we come to terms regarding the tasks
we consider necessary in order to get the code 0.7 release ready. Since
Santa won't accomplish our tasks, this also means agreeing on assigments
regarding who's going to do what.

I extended the Wiki pages Jason started, check out
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/html/BioPerl/BioperlRelease0.7.html. The
task list can be found at a link near the bottom (for the impatient:
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/html/BioPerl/TaskList.html). Please check
out/review also the programming conventions, I made some additions
there, too.

Please thoroughly review this list. Since it is Wiki, you can edit it
directly, but you can also post to the list. Feel free to change
priorities, add tasks, add comments, etc. I made initial assignments
based on loose knowledge about who might be interested in what, please
check whether you find or would like to find yourself in a particular
cell. If you're there but don't want to be, please remove yourself. A
first review by myself suggests that I might be taking over too much, so
*please* feel encouraged to add yourself anywhere you can commit to,
regardless of whether there's already someone placed there.

There are two points I'd like to mention here because they might escape
you otherwise: I signed up Shailesh for testing on Win32, is there
someone out there who would be willing to test on Mac? Second, I signed
up Brian for creating more and especially better documentation. He needs
more hands for that task: *please* volunteer if you can spare some time.

I would like to get this list finalized by the middle of the week, say
Wednesday night, and by Friday night at the latest on condition that
some unforeseen delays happen (e.g. a shutdown of the internet,
bioperl.org goes on fire, etc). The next three days might be the last
chance to get your wish or concern considered for the 0.7 release, so
please speak out *now* if there's something itching you.

If you're worrying about tampering with the web-page, I have a backup
copy. Question to our Wiki-guys: is there a backup or any means of
restoring a page in the incident that someone wants to?

	Hilmar