Bioperl: Re:Bioperl-guts: seq/primarySeq/seqFeature

James Gilbert jgrg@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 19 May 2000 10:46:16 +0100 (BST)

Bradley,

OK, this explains why I've never seen this bug
with the EMBL/GenBank parsing.  The feature table
is parsed BEFORE the sequence, so the sequence is
always empty when features are added.

I'm glad that you've got this to work with the
current code base, but it ought to have worked if
there was already a sequence in the Seq object.
I'll fix this in the main branch.

	James

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Bradley Marshall wrote:

> Oh wait,
>
> I finally figured out how to do it.
>
> The correct thing is to :
>
> 1)  Create an empty Seq object.
>
> 2)  Add the SeqFeatures to that EMPTY Seq.
>
> 3)  Add a primary_seq to the Seq.
>
> Is this correct?  Where I got into trouble before was
> adding the primary_seq BEFORE I added the features.
>
> Thanks
> Brad

> http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Perl/Bio/vsns-bcd-perl-guts.html

James G.R. Gilbert
The Sanger Centre
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge                        Tel: 01223 494906
CB10 1SA                         Fax: 01223 494919