Bioperl: Bio::CorbaServer Updated

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Tue, 2 May 2000 12:32:53 -0400 (EDT)

I have added Bio::CorbaServer::PrimarySeqDB, Bio::CorbaServer::SeqDB
modules to allow creation of a Sequence DB in the CORBA server.  It is
simple right now - it only allows a Bio::Index::Fasta generated
file as the basis for creating the db.  But it is a start.  I added some
documentation to some of the existing modules, added the subsequent tests
in testclient and servers directory.  There is also a .seq file in the t
directory so the tests can run.  The servers/seqdbsrv.pl and
testclients/get_seqdb.pl demonstrate its abilities right now.

Brad, give it a try with some of your python clients when you have a
chance.  I'll be trying it out on the java clients as well later this
week.

This is just an initial submission so I can get this code out the door -
I'd like to improve some more things.  I will let you know when I have
gotten the improvements cleaned up.  I will start looking over the perl
client code as well - just want to make sure Ewan doesn't have any in
progress versions on his hard drive first...

-Jason

Jason Stajich
Duke University Medical Center
Center for Human Genetics