Bioperl: FASTA perl parser

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q@virginia.edu
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:06:58 -0400 (EDT)

For now I'd try running fasta programs with -m 9 or -m 10 to get easily
parseable outputs.  I have various versions of FASTA results parser that
suffer greatly from the "moving target" syndrome - each subversion of
the fasta programs have minor variations on output format.  Soon (as
always: soon, never when) there will be a -m option that will output XML
data, but again, don't hold your breath.

-Aaron

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Zhan-Yang Zhu wrote:

> Any one knows if I can get FASTA result parser? Is it in Bioperl?
>
> Thanks
>
> Zhan-yang
> Project URL: http://bio.perl.org/
> http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Perl/Bio/vsns-bcd-perl.html