Bioperl: Q: Objects in C++ or Java

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:13:35 +0100

Hi.

gert thijs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know this question is slightly off topic, but I presume some of you are also
> working with other programming languages. Does anyone know where I can find
> some object classes in C++ or Java to access GENBANK or EMBL to download DNA
> sequences?

I believe the DIANA sequence annotator/browser has a set of embl barsing classes
as well as an implementation of a CORBA client for the EBI EMBL CORBA server. This
is all java stuff. I don't have the exact url, but you can search the Sanger web
site for DIANA by going to: http://www.sanger.ac.uk and following the "Search
Sanger Web Site" link.