Bioperl: parsing SwissProt document

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 21:53:19 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Benjamin Stapley wrote:

> Hi,
> This may be simple but I can't find the answer.
> How do I parse a swiss-prot document using the bioperl module.  I'm
> particular interested in accessing the comment and keyword fields
> Many thanks

I am afraid to say, using bioperl, wait for the parsing I am writing
at the moment.  ;). This functionality will be in the next major release
(0.06) of bioperl.

There are some other options, such as using the SPEM modules from Matt
Pocock (mrp@sanger.ac.uk), though I am not sure about their suitability
for swissprot.