Bioperl: generating sequence from IUB Base codes

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com (Steve A. Chervitz)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:27:06 -0700 (PDT)

Ewan Birney writes:
 > On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Aaron J Mackey wrote:
 >
 > > Try this:
 > >
 > > (btw, if there's general interest, I can turn this into a
 > > Bio/Tools/IUPAC.pm module ...)
 > >

 > Sounds cool. Aaron - if you get it ready, in a couple of hours you can
 > cvs add it once the stable branch has gone in...

Looks good but we might want to give this some more thought before
making it official. For example, it should also work with amino acid
IUPAC codes and should scale well for really long, ambiguous
sequences.

SteveC