Bioperl: 0.05 prerelease 2

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 15:38:34 -0100

Take 2. The second pre-release is up at

ftp://bio.perl.org/pub/DIST/PreRelease

called bioperl-0.05.pre2.tar.gz

It has a number of fixes compared to previous pre-release, improved blast
parsing code from Steve Chervitz and some driving scripts for bioperl
indexes/database access from myself and yet more testing code (85 tests in
all now).

Check it out and report your problems/gripes/praise to the perl guts list
vsns-bcd-perl-guts@lists.uni-bielefeld.de.

If you have come across a bonafide bug (anytime when something does not
compile/exits nastily or gives a wrong answer) you can use the bioperl bug
tracking interface to submit a bug. This way we don't forget it.

many thanks for the feedback we have got so far. Please remember that the
more people who use/test the code now the easier it is to produce a well
finished product. Go break it ;)

Ewan Birney
<birney@sanger.ac.uk>
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/birney/