Bioperl: WRITTEN standards for sequence file formats

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:03:28 +0100 (BST)

Hmmm. My .02$ is that you should decide on file formats
right at the end of the process (ie, after designing objects)
and that generally you should stay as far as possible away
from them.

In practical senses that means that I prefer Data::Dumper outputs
or BoulderIO equivalents that can take nearly any schema and
if you like, make it persistent to disk via these methods.

Of course, version compatability then becomes a problem.

Ewan Birney
<birney@sanger.ac.uk>
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/birney/