Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:10:36 -0700
From: Tomaz Amon <tomaz.amon@siol.net>
To: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com>
Subject: VRML Biology Site

I am a biologist with a lot of computer experience.
My main interest is in connecting biology with the logical thinking.

I devote my time to the VRML multimedial visualization of biological
processes. VRML represents a fully interactive learning environment in
the virtual 3D space.

I create both the biological and the technical components of my projects
on my Silicon Graphics O2 workstation.

If you are interested about my work, please visit my site at

http://www.dzs.si/vrml/
where:
 user ID:  vrml
password:  mitja

or send mail to

tomaz.amon@siol.net

Why the whole stuff?

When one completes a scientific investigation he typically gets a
spreadsheet of numbers. Of course he has to draw a graph in order to
understand something. The best way is to use modern computer techniques
and produce multimedial visualizations which tell us as much as
possible about the data acquired so hard.

The VRML environment lets you not only to observe a "movie", you can
also "step" into it and travel in its virtual space according to
your own will. This is enabled by the VRML documents, which establish
the virtual reality space on your own computer. The three dimensional
world offered by the VRML is not only a luxus. We all are used to live
in our three dimensional homes. One understands things better if he
imagines them in space.

So when one moves in the virtual space that shows the simplified
interior of a living cell, he learns about the structures and
functions of the cell organelles faster and better as if he only
observed a two dimensional picture. In addition he also sees the
dynamics of the processes and listens to the sound which makes the
associations even stronger.

Tomaz Amon
------- End of Forwarded Message