New Bio::Seq and Bio::Seq::Parse (.025 BETA)

Georg Fuellen fuellen@dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:30:15 +0000 (GMT)

Steve Brenner wrote,
> I'm only online for about an hour before I disappear again for over a
> week.  Here are some very quick thoughts.

Steve,
I agree w/ all the comments you made, and I hope you'll respond to the other
issues in a week..
I'll be back online in approx. 2 weeks; possibly I'll get a chance next week.
For UnivAln.pm, here's the current to-do list, for the beta release:

* Mark the ``access by id'' stuff with ``!alpha!''.
* Use dna,rna,amino instead of Dna,Rna,Amino
* return undef in case of failures
* use @AlnForm,@SeqForm instead of %FormAln, etc
* document ids to be in \w+ (only \S+ is enforced, though)
* better handling of access, copying and slicing of $self->{row_ids}, etc,

Happy Holidays!
georg