Bioperl: Re: New Bio::Seq and Bio::Seq::Parse (.025 BETA)

Georg Fuellen fuellen@dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:11:16 +0000 (GMT)

Steve: I agree w/ releasing "Bio::PreSeq" as you suggested below.
Chris - How about you ? Any progress ? (Just pushing you a little bit ;-)

Lew: Regarding CORBA, I feel this is a long-term issue,
and I've asked the poster of the following message whether he's got any
private responses (there were no public ones it seems). Will forward.

Subject:      CORBA for perl?
From:         tauzell@math.umn.edu (David Tauzell)
Date:         1997/04/13
Newsgroups:   comp.lang.perl.misc
[More Headers]

Does anybody  have any interest in writing a CORBA ORB for
Perl, or has anybody seen one?  The reason I think that this
would be usefull is that several web servers are going to
be using CORBA and IIOP as a replacement for CGI (something like FASTcgi).

It would be nice for Perl to fit within this realm, too.
--
---
David Tauzell.  I like unix.