[Bioperl-announce-l] [Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.5.2 Release

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 7 02:30:44 UTC 2006

Great job Sendu!

A bit of icing on the cake: all the WinXP PPMs (core, db, network, run)
installed w/o a hitch following normal instructions using PPM4 (GUI and
command line shell) using clean ActiveState installations.  Looks like all
the correct prereqs were installed with shell (only XML::SAX::ExpatXS was
left out in the GUI installation for reasons outlined before).

I'll run more tests tomorrow to see if tests pass with the installed bioperl
(this should catch any prereq issues with PPM installation we missed).

chris