[BioLib-dev] Student interested in GSoC '12 project: "Mapping EMBOSS to Perl, Ruby or Python using BioLib+SWIG+EMBOSS"

Joydeep Mitra jmitra at uga.edu
Thu Mar 22 17:57:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am a PhD student at the Institute of Bioinformatics, University of Georgia.
I am interested in the BioLib GSoC 2012 project involving wrapping
EMBOSS to scripting language libraries.
I do know C and have a working knowledge of SWIG.
As for the scripting languages, I primarily use Python (and sometimes
Perl) for my work; although I'm somewhat familiar with Ruby as well.

I would be grateful If someone could guide me how I should proceed
with the application for this project.

Thanking you,
Joydeep Mitra