[BioLib-dev] GSoC: Mapping JAVA libraries to Perl/Ruby/Python using Biolib+SWIG+JNI

Luiz Irber luiz.irber at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 17:33:43 UTC 2010

Hello,

my name is Luiz Carlos Irber Júnior, currently a computer engineering
undergrad (last semester) at Universidade Federal de São Carlos,
Brazil. I have experience writing C bindings for Python with Cython
(staff.get-e.org/?p=users/luizirber/python-eet.git) and C++ bindings
too (but sadly it was on a company that didn't release the source).

Looking for the available projects at OpenBio, I found this one, and
started to research. I read the suggested link on the wiki, and
http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Java.html too, but when I tried to find
Fountain to actually try something... I couldn't find it. While
searching I found that
http://genetics.hpi.uni-hamburg.de/FOUNTAIN.html doesn't exist
anymore, and apparently the source code isn't available anymore. What
other Java libraries do you recommend for this project? Or where else
can I find FOUNTAIN?

Thanks,
Luiz Irber