[BioLib-dev] Perl file pointers

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 8 16:40:13 UTC 2010

Pjotr,

Just noticed something significant with the current perl bindings for io_lib, in that there appears to be no type map conversion for perl file handles (get a "Error: TypeError in method 'fread_reading', argument 1 of type 'FILE *'").  Files work fine as they are passed as simple strings to the proper functions so I/O is performed at the C level.

I'm guessing the appropriate mapping needs to be done in the perl-specific SWIG files in src/mappings/swig/perl.  I'll see if I can get it working, but for now we'll need to assume it's not implemented.

chris