[BioLib-dev] installation

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Sun Apr 26 01:03:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:58:54PM -0700, Joel Martin wrote:
> I had to futz about with cmake quite a bit and as I don't know
> anything about cmake I've probably done something horrible.  Here is
> what 'make install' ended up doing, I did want it to go into
> /scratch so that part all looks good but the perl locations seem odd
> as they aren't using 'auto'

The current FindPerl cmake files haven't been fully tested on all
platforms, so your help is very welcome. I'll try and help with the
installation paths. One at at time.

> -- Install configuration: "Release"
> -- Installing: /scratch/j_martin/biotrash/lib/libbiolib_core-0.0.4.so
> -- Set runtime path of "/scratch/j_martin/biotrash/lib/libbiolib_core-0.0.4.so" to "#{CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib"

Strange. CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX should be filled in - normally /usr.
What cmake version are you running and what version of OS/X?

I have committed a small patch forcing the PREFIX to /usr. Can you
send me the output of './configure --with-staden'?

> when I try
> perl -Mbiolib::staden_io_lib  it complains as Dynaloader can't find it ( not using auto )

Probably related to above. The shared library is not in the RPATH
now. Let's fix that first.

Pj.